Director of Development
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS JOB – YOU MAY SUBMIT ONE FOR OUR FILES BUT NOT THE CURRENT VACANCY
Development Director, Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary
Location: New York Metro area or within driving distance to NYC and Woodstock, NY
Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary is a 501(c)3 charitable organization that works educates the public about the mistreatment of animals who are raised for food. Our shelter takes in farm animals rescued from cases of abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a place where visitors can come face to face with cows, pigs, chickens—often for the first time—and learn about the devastating effects of modern-day agribusiness on the animals, the environment and human health and how to adopt a compassionate vegan diet.
Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary seeks to hire a part-time or full-time development director who will be responsible for planning, implementing and sustaining its $1 million plus annual program including, major gifts, online fundraising, foundation grants, corporate support, and special events.
Key Job Elements
- Create and implement development plan and strategy to raise an annual budget of $1 million dollars
- Support the executive director and the board in donor cultivation and fundraising
- Develop and grow individual donor base, including major gifts, online and membership support
- Manage institutional giving program; develop foundation and corporate relationships, write formal grant proposals and manage all reporting
- Meet with donors in NYC and commute as needed to Woodstock, NY
- Arrange meetings between WFAS Executive Director and established and prospective donors
- Identify sponsors for the successful ThanksLiving annual fundraising event
- Create and manage a cadre of volunteers to assist with fundraising
- Three to five years of fundraising and development experience
- Ability to develop and implement a comprehensive resource development plan that is sustainable
- Superior oral and written communications skills with experience developing successful written donor communications and marketing materials
- Superb organization skills; detail oriented with strong follow-through
- Firm commitment to the mission and principles of WFAS
- Experience in animal protection causes preferred
- Organized and self-motivated
- Proficiency in MS Office and E-Tapestry software a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds.